I pulled the latest 5.1BK sources today and built mysqld. I must admit, it fared pretty well against my little charset tester. 0 failures and over 120 tests done which took >5 hours.
To give a clue to the score last time I run the same tests, here are the bugs I opened!
- load data infile into table with big5 chinese fulltext index hangs 100% cpu
- corruption with character set macce collate macce_bin
- myisam corruption with character set cp932 collate cp932_japanese_ci
- repeatable myisam fulltext index corruption
- repeatable innodb and myisam corruption
So now I'm sitting thinking about a new set of functionality tests...